i don't wanna be away from my infant

ok he's only six days old but i don't wanna be away from him. i mean i want to hold him at all times (dh is trying to help me break this). i never wanted this with my first son but this one i just wanna be with all the time, has anyone had this feeling? i mean i'm lucky i can go pee. i wanted to nap a few times and my dh was willing to watch him and came to get him i cried and took him to nap with me. i feel very unsure about this. ok yea it kinda scares the shit out of me. but i'm not sure if it will go away and when i have to go back to work if i would even be able to leave him. i have yet to leave him w/ dh for more then 10 mins while i'm in a shower......any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• So you are basically saying if you are not close or holding your son. You have panic attacks?

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Do you have an axiety problem? I have a friend who has severe anxiety, like she can't even pass her road test because she panics and they fail her. Anyway she was like this with her son...she would never leave him, if he cried while she was in the shower she would come running out all soapy and take him from his Daddy. I always thought there was something a little off with it. I was like that with my kids for the first few months..well not that bad. I had no problem leaving them with my Husband but I wouldn't leave them to go to the store or anything. Anyway My friend just had another baby and her oldest is gonna be 2 in Oct...it is STILL going on! She doesn't work or drive so she's at home with them ALL day every day!! I don't know of h ow much help that was...probably made things worse now that I think of it..Well I wish you luck and be careful what you wish for. If you get him sooo attached to you he won't bond w/ Daddy
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am the same way with my DD when she was born and about a month before I had to go back to work I started leaving the house started 30 mins at a time and it got better. But, I do still have her in my room in her crib and I have'nt left with ANYONE and shes 15 months old. It will get better.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I feel the same way about all three of my children
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It sounds slightly extreme. This might be a manifestation of PP Depression. I'd bring it up with my doctor .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Oh shut up people. It's NORMAL. If anyone took Emi out of my sight I'd have a massive anxiety attack until I got her back. It'll get better. We have to feel this way for survival reasons. Newborns can't take care of themselves, and our biology doesn't exactly know that dad can take care of a baby too(although at 6 days he can't feed them. :/ ). I'd tell hubby to hold his horses, this is natural and normal and it'll pass soon enough.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009