I know this sounds dumb, but....

My x- fiance's wife sent me a friend request on facebook. Now we have been broken up 9 years or so and he is married with 2 kids. I dont still hate him like I did, but I dont particularly want to associate with him either. We of course have mutual friends who's status we comment on. There was a little overlap in my relationship with him and hers. Im not so sure if she knows that or not. I know it was forever ago, and again I dont still harbor hate for him, but that doesnt change that I DID love him and I got REALLY hurt. Why would she want to friend me? Do I accept? Send her a message? Ignore it?
Thanks. :)

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• IMO, n i've had a little sort of experience like this (my sister made friends with my x on facebook) we haven't been together for 8yrs now and the hate i used to feel for him has no turned into nothing. I really don't care anymore. BUT i did find myself looking at his pics and things even though i didn't really know why. I would say don't except, firstly she is prob doing it just to check out ur pics and stuff to compare (like women do) also u might find yourself looking at pics of them 2 and it might bring up feelings u don't to have or even if it doesn't bring up any feelings u will more than likely find yourself looking over them anyway. Best to stay away hun x
    KerryLou

Answer by KerryLou at 10:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If it would be uncomfortable or weird for you to be friends with her then I would just send her a message and explain why you can't be friends with her. That way she doesn't think you're being mean or rude. She'll probably understand. But if it's not weird for you then I'd just accept it. But it all depends on how you feel.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would ignore it. I don't think that anything good could come from something like that. I think it would probably cause more problems than anything else. You would be asking for drama if you accepted her request. Just think whatever you put on you FB she would be able to see and relay info or whatever. But that's just my opinion.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would ignore it. I wouldn't want to be friends with her either.
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Ignore her. If you feel unconfortable about it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Ignore it. It doesn't sound appropriate for her to have asked.

Answer by Bmat at 8:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2009