are there any home remedies for pink eye??

i think i have this and i have no insurance so i can't go to the doctor. what can i do to treat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• Breast milk.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Our doctor recommended warm salt water for eye inflammations when the children were small. Using a cotton ball. But pink eye is an infection and should be treated by a doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• other things may help sooth symtoms but not treat the bactirail infectin
    you need vigamox eye drops which are not over the counter
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• OP HERE

i seriously can't afford to go. i have my rent due in 3 days and i am 1000 short so if i had money, that's where it would go. what happens if you don't treat it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry I can't answer about what happens. I just always heard that it should be treated. I suppose at least it could spread to your other eye. I am sorry that you are in this predicament, and I hope you soon have better times. Would you be able to work a payment schedule or delayed payment with your doctor? or is there a clinic that you could go to? (call your local government and ask.) Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Breastmilk!!! Call up a LLL and ask if someone there could help, I know someone who has had to do that and they did help her.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• See if you can't call your DR and maybe they can give you some advice or go see your local health department.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• http://www.grandmashomeremedies.com/pink-eye.html
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I just washed my eye with warm water and a clean wash rag several times a day. It cleared up after a few days. It was more annoying then anything. Last time my youngest two had pink-eye I didn't take them to the doctor. I just let it run it's course and tried to keep their eyes clean. (I did take my oldest in last time but only because she had school and I would need a note to get her back in after she missed several days...still couldn't get it to clear up even with the drops). I hate pink-eye.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I had pink eye about 6 months ago and didn't go to the dr b/c of no insurance. I just used visine to keep my eye from drying out, and put a damp warm washrag over the eye, avoided touching my eye and used alcohol instant hand sanitizer on my hands several times a day to try and kill the germs and prevent spreading to others.

I didn't go to the dr and it went away in about a week.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 12:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009