Stimulus program has had no effect on the economy?

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/14/pace-of-stimulus-spending-plummets/?feat=home_headlines

The average stimulus spending per week has dropped severely, to just $4.2 billion over the past month from $9.7 billion during the prior four months. The government spent $2.9 billion in the week ending Aug. 7.

Taxpayer groups say the numbers show spending decisions are random and prove that the $787 billion stimulus program has had no effect on the economy.

"This is a typical bureaucracy. They don't operate in an efficient way. They can't operate in an efficient way and make an impact," said Leslie Paige, media director for Citizens Against Government Waste.

~~~~
Another example of lacking government accountability and fiscally responsible behavior? How would ObamaCare be better?
~~~

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The effect its going to have on the economy is the devalue of the dollar (which is the intended effect so they can try to force us into a world monetary system) and massive taxes for generations to come. Unless we can get rid of libs in 2010 and cancel the rest of it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• All that stimulus from Bush and Obama and millions are still without jobs. Would have been better to keep the money lower taxes and maybe more Americans would do what they always have and create jobs for themselves and others. I am just a stupid Libertarian so what do I know. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have an idea ! It's not original - people have been proposing this since before the stimulus bill got passed:

Reverse the bill. Take the money out of the bureaucrats' hands, DON'T put us further into debt to China and Arab nations, DON'T print any more dollar bills which will cause 10% - 11% inflation.

Lower taxes, and the gov't will automatically get more tax revenues. Put the stimulus money back - write checks to citizens maybe.

LOWER TAXES = MORE JOBS ... It's really that simple.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• They knew the stimulus packages wouldn't have a positive effect on the economy but they did it anyway! Because it fattened the pockets of the lobbyists & their buddies, our politicians. What do you do when a ship is sinking? You loot it then bail. That's what it looks like from my perspective. They're looting the American people and system with Keynesian economic tactics that have been proven ineffective & while hiking our gas & food prices without warrant.
    Our country has been hijacked & is headed into socialism. They aren't even trying to hide their agenda now! That's all I can say. How can we get America back when it's infested with these pirates?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The stimulus helped me! I got a job just last week created from the stimulus money. It lasted a total of 6 hours. After I collected my paycheck, I went to buy some cigs,but couldn't afford them, so I went to McD and blew my whole paycheck.  Obama is just wonderful. 

(sarcasm)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• What do you think about the $200 of stimulus money given out to parents to pay for school supplies and the parents were found buying cigs, beer, wine, and the like? These kids still need the school supplies. When will our government get out of the "give money away" business and get back to this issues at hand? We have loved ones dieing today over-seas and the president is visiting states to ram the UHC down our throats. Go back to your office and win the war!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• LOL @ 10:46!!!

laughing

But seriously....hasn't this free spending bill changed names from stimulus to recovery to stability?!  A new name each month it seems--just like the Cap and Trade  and ObamaCare bill keep changing names--it's like playing 3-Card Monty with Obama, the street hustler!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009