If your boss is recommending to have the flu shot would you do it?

I work at Dr's office and our Boss has suggested for employees to have the flu shot no later that October.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nothing is mandatory. Its discrimination if they were to fire you for not getting the shot. My youngest was vaccine injured (and left legally blind and cognitively delayed) by the flu shot. We've not vaccinated since November of 2005. Do your research. If you are comfortable with the ingredients in the shot going into your body, then go ahead with the shot. If not, sign the waiver and refuse the injection. People get the flu even after receiving the shot. Its not 100%. And there is NO WAY I would get the rush-job swine flu shot at this juncture either...Big pharma lining pockets.
    Mamaoftwingles

Answer by Mamaoftwingles at 10:35 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• You do work at a doctors office and I do know in my state if your in that field you do have to have a yearly flu shot. I would if I was you, But I am not so I would think long and hard about it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If my doctor recommends it, I'll get it. He knows my health background and my present circumstances.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I thought it was mandatory for healthcare workers? For you, yes I'd take it.
    But for me no I would not given my field. I work in an office. Most of the time if I get sick its because my daughter has been sick.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I work in a nursing home. No, its not mandatory- but its recommended and I get them when available.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Will they order the single dose preservative free version for you? This year's vaccine definitely has mercury and thimerisol.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't because they don't usually work, they're made from last year's strain and each year the strain is/can be different and they're a live vaccine, meaning it would shed (be contagious) up to 3 weeks. Check out the vaccine insert if you don't believe me.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Are you a nurse or a receptionist?
    Jessy0419

• If I worked at a dr's office heck yeah. Receptionist, nurse, dr whatever you are still going to be exposed to a lot of sick peoples germs. I'd get one every year if i was going to be around that many sick people.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 9:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Are you a nurse or a receptionist?

front desk receptinionist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2009