How many ladies her ALWAYS keep up with their yearly gynocology visits? Is there anyone here who has NEVER been for a pap smear?

Just wondering?

I have never missed one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• yea, that is definately a must for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Same here. It is one of those things I do every year.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I never go. The only time I've been since I was 16 was this week. And that's just because I needed a refill on birth control. I hate them. They're invasive and I feel un-neccessary. Even when I was pregnant, I never went to the appointments where they scheduled them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've only had a pap 4 times in my 36 years of living. Once for my Army physical and then with all 3 of my pregnancies.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• every 6 months..... since i was 15... so ive had 16 paps.. not counting the ones while pregnant....

i have too many issues to not go
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• if you have two consecutive pap smears with normal results then you could have it every 4 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've always gone every year since I've had my daughter who just turned 25 this year. I've always gone to my same doctor (if he wasn't on vacation) that delivered her. Well at one time I didn't go for 6 years from 2000 to 2006, due to my insurance changed and I wasn't covered. I finally started going in 2006 every year, everything was always normal. So this June 2009 I went and I had polyp removed and my results came back abnormal cells, due to go back for follow up in Dec. So we'll see then.
    cottontop35

Answer by cottontop35 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I only go when I was preggo or need a refill on bc,but I'm done having kids & dh is getting"fixed" so I guess I won't be going back for awhile.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I usually make it on time, but sometimes it'll end up a few months late for my yearly visits.

And to SarahP, even if you were no longer sexually active, it's extremely necessary to go. A lot of female cancers can begin and spread with no symptoms and little warning. If caught early, they can easily be treated, but left undetectedThey may be invasive...I hate the exams myself and dread them...but they ARE necessary and ANY doctor will tell you that. You should especially go when you're pregnant. If not for your own health, then for your childs. I'm 8 months pregnant and have not even been LATE to one appointment. Prenatal care is EXTREMELY important in the health of an unborn baby. That's not disputable.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I havent had one in a couple of years. I have had them its just been a bit, Ill go when I have insurance again.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2009