potty training

ok.so my son is officially weaned off the bottle!hooray! no more bottles to wash! now the second thing is my daughter and the potty training issue.so far ive tried bribing her and the reward system.she tells me she has to go and she's begun to go in the potty but she still pees in the floor.maybe im not waiting long enough.is there another potty training secret i 'm missing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i put the potty in the room we were in like the living room, i had two kids in diapers my two are 18 monthes apart and i was a single mom., so when it was time to potty train my dd, i would put the potty in the room with us, toddlers don't have the same bladder control as we do, and i would watch for the signs that she needed to go, and quickly put her on the potty. now for my boy, i just used the regular potty i was so happy when he finally went and the first time he wee weed standing up, made me so proud of him. you just have to watch for the signs, mine would squirm and pull at their pants thats how i know, and maybe put cheerios in the potty for your boy, thats always a fun trick to help them potty train, my sister told me that one.
    mamamia431

Answer by mamamia431 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i could help with the boy ... not the girl sry
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• still battling my 3 yr old. He knows that he can use the potty, but is reluctant. He'll sit a few times for a chocolate reward, but that's pretty much as far as it gets right now. My 5 yr old took until right after his 4th bday to get a total clue. Bday is coming up for my little man, so I am hoping that the last of the struggle is coming soon. I was hoping to get him done before his little brother arrives, but that's in 3 weeks, so I don't forsee it happening. oh well.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009