man I am sooo freaking lonely

Where can I meet people I've lived here for a couple of years and still haven't met any other nice moms...does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Have guy friends.
    I don get along with women to well , so I hang out with my husbands friends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sorry but no. I haven't either. We moved to a small town far away from home a year and a half ago and I haven't found any new friends here. I can't be friends with guys because I am married and I have nothing in common with any of the mom's I have met.
    I tried to join a local group on here, but the only time they get together is for play dates and I have one 9 year old son. I guess I could go hang out with all the mom's with toddlers and babies, but something tells me it wouldn't be something I could make a habit of.
    :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I know how u feel i have 2 friends i never ever see...i need some more! I did join my local groups also. but they were really "cliquey" and nothing but drama. so i left, i just hope once i go back to work ill meet some cool ppl. If you like we can be friends, i know its not the same as a real life friend but its better than nothing, i have yahoo messanger or msn, and id be happy to add u :)
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have trouble finding things in common with other moms too... I'm 29 and have a 8 and 7 year old. When my kids were born I completely changed my life to be a responsible parent. Problem I have is all the friends I used to have whether they have kids or not still do allot of drinking weekdays and weekends. Some also still do the drugs and i just don't agree with that. It seems more and more I see parents who have kids but don't raise them, they still carry on their same lives and let the child/children away with whatever, no disaplin! Finding babysitters or just having all friends over to party/drink/drugs while the children are there.... Does anyone else see this in their towns? it disgusts me!
    Anyway so I pretty much kinda keep to myself, I feel quiet lonely at times also.... It's just hard to find good ppl seems like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Go to the MOMS tab above and do a search for CM mom's in your area. Maybe you can find some good friends that way

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009