• In the Spotlight:

How can i get rid of Dandrift on my 3year old son?

My son just recently started to have problems with dandrift. I dont want to use something that would be too harsh on him or burn his eyes if it were to get in them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

hisgrl

Asked by hisgrl at 10:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• the best thing is to go to your local salon.. they should sell a kids dandruf shampoo the one ive used is by paul mitchell.. its around 10-12 dollars but it will alst atleast a month or 2..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Dandruff is dry skin. That's all. When you have him in the tub or shower, soap up his head and make sure you massage his scalp. NO nails, just fingertips. Leave the soap on for a while to help soften the skin up. Rinse WELL. It should help in a couple days.

Also...if you wash too often it can dry the skin out, too. You have to find a balance.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Are you SURE its dandruff? My son had what I thought was dandruff & as it turns out he had psorosis on his scalp. Similar but different cure. I would ask your dr. to check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If you can't get rid of the dandruff with store bought dandriff shampoo then ask your doc for a prescription shampoo.
    Blueloveaura

Answer by Blueloveaura at 10:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2009