Does you child like After School Care?

I go to school Monday- Thursday from 8-4:30, so my son has to stay in after school care on those days. Every day that I have picked him up from ASP he does not want to go home. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to drag him out of there. On Friday I told him I would pick him up right after school since I didn't have to go to school on that day. You would have thought I just told him that his best friend was moving or something. He begged me to let him stay in ASP. I finally agreed since his behavior was so good this week. Does any one else have this "problem"?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in

• My daughter loved it so much that she volunteers there two days a week; she helps in the "homework room"

Answer by rkoloms at 2:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• IDK.. me step daughter is in ebfore and after school care...shes at school from 5 am to 6 pm.. which really bothers me since my and my SO are paying for it and i am a SAHM that can watch her..

btw if you dont mind how much are you paying? we pay $250 a week
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I love it and so does my dd.In the am I pay 4 bucks.and the ymca runs the afterschool program
    It would be 56 bucks a month but my kids get reduced lunch so I pay half.There is even a bus to bring them home.Thats nice cause then I get to chill and fix supper before she gets home.
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "btw if you dont mind how much are you paying? we pay $250 a week"

We pay $5 a day if paid before hand or $6 a day if I pay when I pick him up. School gets out at 2:45, so he is at ASP from 3pm-5pm.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• holy crap! she is there from 5am till 8:30 then they walk her to her class then from 4-6... school gets out at 3:40 and they walk them tehre....

i wouldnt mind paying $5 a day but $250 a week is outragous!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My son enjoys it alot and likes being considered a junior staff and helping out with younger kids plus being with his friends and all the fieldtrips they go on.
    kbraxton2002

Answer by kbraxton2002 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009