Are these headaches from my epidural?

I had an epi when I had my daughter 12 weeks ago. I almost never had headaches before I had her, now I have them once or twice a week and they last all day...they aren't painful, just a nagging feeling. I know headaches are a side effect of epis-could that be causing mine still?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No way to know without consulting with your doctor. it could be a side effect, it could be that your body is trying to regulate it's hormones which have been all over the place since you had the baby. it could be that you are stressed from a crying baby and lack of sleep. Could be an allergy caused by something new you have for the baby. it could even be a combination of cuases. Do you take meds everytime you get one? some medicines can cause "rebound" headaches. I used to get those with excedrine, so I only take it if it's a really bad headache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am blessed with a really good baby who only cries when she's hungry and only gets up once in the night to nurse so I don't think it's stress or lack of sleep...if it is from my epi the doc can't do anything about it anyway right? I don't want to go in just to have him tell me to wait it out...I had issues with my c section incision and practically lived in his office for the first 6 weeks after my dd was born and don't feel like going back there again!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• make sure your hydrated nursing takes so much out of you the headaches could be a vitamin or water that your not getting enough of ask your doctor about it they can do a series of tests on your blood and see what you need
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 12:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• good chance... the spine goes from top to bottom.

charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009