Baby food question...

My son is four months old and his ped. put him on baby food. I am only using the " 1" foods but I am hoping that I am not giving him too much. He gets about a baby food jar of cereal in the morning, and will eat a whole jar of fruit and a whole jar of a vegetable until he's full and then he gets another jar of cereal in the evening. Should I be feeding him until he quits opening his mouth for another bite or should I limit him more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i never limited my daughter, but she didn't start eating cereal or stuff regularly till about 8 months (i breastfed). so i would say ask you doctor, but i'm sure its fine.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• most babies stop eating when they are full. I think he is getting enough to eat with what you are feeding him if he is still opening his mouth i would try and give him a bottle to finsh filling him up.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• that seems like alot for a 4 month old hon. Some babies will overeat as they like the taste and they dont know to stop when full. its like the brain hasnt gotten the message"stop eating you are full" just like we have that same issue. He needs the formula mroe than the baby food at this stage of his life so I would cut back ont he fruits, focus on cereal and at most 1 servinf of veggies a day,a nd then the rest formula. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• make sure you arent replacing his bottle/nursings with solids. at this age, babies really only need 1 tblspn of solids once a day. solids before age 1 is only for practice and food allergy testing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009