Except the pill, what type of birth control do you use?

I am trying to see what other types of birth control that women are using, other then the pill. The pill isnt good for me, because I always forgot to take them. So I am looking for alternatives to the pill that I dont have to do anything with every day. If you are using something different then the pill, could you give me your opinion on it? What do you like about it, what dont you like about it, etc. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• I have Mirena. I absolutely love it.

Likes: don't have to remember anything, shorter, lighter periods, no PMS, no side effects for smokers like with the pill, ehhhh, pretty much everything about it.....lol.

Dislikes: wish it lasted longer than 5 years

www.mirena-us.com
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Mirena
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i have Mirena also. I was so bad at taking the pill too so i decided to get it, i love it!! no worries at all. i recommend it to anyone.
    kijo143

Answer by kijo143 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• lol i see a pattern.. but i too have the mirena and i love it!! the shorter lighter periods are great.. and they just put it in and you pretty much forget about it.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have a copper T IUD. Hormone BC and I don't get along so this was a great choice for me. And it will last for 10 years (don't plan on keeping it that long) so that's a plus for a lot of women.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 1:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Vances Mom :
    Thats the one I wanted to ge...but the wait list was forever....so I gave up.
    Mirena has hormones right?
    I was thinking about ordering the *Today's Sponge*..because I"m looking for a hormonal free BC.
    I had a miscarriage in JUne....DH and I want another..but we are still figuring out when would be best for us. I don't want to start something hormonal and than DH and I decide...ok it's time...and than I have to wait for the BC to get out of my system. I dunno.....lol
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am going on the depo shot I am done with kids and periods, medapause here I come.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well, I'm done having kids so I've had a tubal and then I've also had an endometrial ablation. So even if an egg snuck through the two clips on each tube, I have no lining in my uterus so there's nothing for an embryo to attach to.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We did NFP..oh, wait I have a 3 year old from that.

OH! We also used condoms...hmmmm..2 year old from that.

Vasectomy has worked well so far, though!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Vasectomy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009