Why do so many parents forward face their children so early?

Honest question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because not every parent does every little thing by the book. Why do you care? It's not your child, so don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I dont think I did it early I think I did it on time but I really had no choice my dd is so tall her legs were bent up by her face. She is very tall, she is 22 months now and is 3 foot tall.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Just a question. Relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My son got too tall for his seat to face backward for very long.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• With the average car seat it is required that a baby be facing forward when they reach 20 pounds, the 1 year mark is where a portion of children will reach it. A couple of mine were faced forward before the year cause they had already reached the weight height limit and facing them forward at that point was the safest option, and then a few were over a year. So rear facing will be different for every child.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There are car seats available that rear face until 35 pounds, a couple until 40 pounds, actually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yeah and their poor legs shoved halway to their face and how would you like to stare at a seat cushion all the time. Poor kids. FF is a perfectly safe option if done when they hit the height weight requirement. In fact its safer in some cases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i wanted to keep my daughter rear facing for an extended amount of time.. but she has really long legs and she was cramped and cranky everytime we rode in the car. so i had to turn her around unfortunately :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• in which case would that be? Kids are comfortable sitting with their legs crossed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• MANY people misunderstand the carseats and think its say they HAVE to be FFed at a year or 20lbs. Even more Misunderstand the laws and think that their children have to be FFed at 20lbs too....Many more think that when legs touch the seat its not ok to Rf and even more think that once they can sit up they can FF....very few understand the law is minimum of 1 and 20lbs, spines are developed til atleast 3 years to withstand a FFing accident, and legs break more in FFing accidents then RFing ones.

ALL convertibles RF to a minimum of 30lbs and 36 inches. The max out there is 40lbs and 50inches. The Cosco Scenera which costs between $30-50 dollars Rfs to 35lbs and 36 inhes though because of the 1 inch rule they can actually go past 36 inches depending on torso length. My son can still Rf in his scenera at 28 months. and hes 100% for height.

I think its lack of info, and when given the info many parents feel threatened, like
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009