How can i get crayon stain out of the back of my car seat?

My son dropped one piece of his crayons on the back seat of my car, after being left there for a day i realized it and it was too late. It had melted on the seat and it left an ugly green stain in the middle of the seat. Please i need help to get ridd off it without having to bleach it since the car is brand new and the seats are light gray.

jp2101

Asked by jp2101 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Scrape off as much as you can Then put Goo Gone on a damp (not soaked) rag and scrub. TRUST ME!! My DD snuck a crayon out to the car and I had a mess.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would hit the auto-store and buy a bottle of carpet cleaner, it has a little bristled brush on the end works great at removing nearly everything although have never had to to use itg crayon. Crayola has a pdf file on their website with suggestions on stain removal:
    http://www.crayola.com/canwehelp/staintips/pdf/1.pdf
    (Not sure if that will post properlyh or not)
    If all else fails call the dealer to recommend (or they may be able to do it for you) someone who can remove the stain and re-dye the seat to match, this is a common problem they must correct on trade-ins destined for the front lot. Good luck with it!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009