Christians-how many of you think you are brainwashed? How many of you know what you believe and why you believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course im not Brainwashed.. I love the Lord with my whole Heart how can you even ask the word Brainwashed when Jesus Died for our sins all of our sins so that we can go to heaven.. I know what I believe and why I believe... Like i said before I love the Lord and have a great relationship with Jesus Christ :) Try Jesus and you will never use the word Brainwashed again... God bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• not brainwashed. i stepped away from the Christian faith & tried very hard not to believe. i couldnt. while i do not agree w/ a lot of the things i was "taught" as a kid (which could be seen as brainwashing haha) im still Christian. i couldnt throw away the whole belief just b/c i didnt agree w/ some of it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• was brainwashed. Now i got it figured out- well mostly lol. And i am a christian. i agree with okmanders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• MOST CHRISTIANS BELEIVE IT TO BE FAITH NOT BRAINWASHED, FAITH IS A HARD CONCEPT TO GRASP FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE IT.

Answer by older at 1:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• lol, I'm not brainwashed. I don't feel like I have to sacrifice my intelligence or free thought in order to believe. I take the time to study the church and its history/beliefs/development/etc, and I believe what works best for me, using my reasoning and understanding.

I was raised to believe because it made the most sense to me, because I honestly felt it to be true, and not because someone told me to, so while I am unorthodox in many respects, I still believe in God, and I'm still a Christian.

Its possible to believe because you genuinely believe, and not because you've been brainwashed.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Question?

Doesnt it usually follow that if you are brainwashed you dont realize it anyway while you are in the middle of whatever it is?

So, even if someone was brainwashed for whatever reason(religious or not) they wouldnt know it anyway right?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• just wanted to add that i have seen/met many Christians who are brainwashed...and sadly they are the kind of Christians that most other faiths hate.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Good point Amaranth, if I was brainwashed I wouldn't know it, LOL. I do think that some people of certain beliefs are brainwashed by their leaders, even forbiding them to talk to people who don't support the beliefs. Their minds are controlled by their leaders. I feel terrible for them.

And even if people aren't literally brainwashed I feel like many people are deceived, spiritually.

I personally don't think that I am brainwashed, but I do pray for my brain to be washed (okay okay, I know that one had been overdone, LOL. I just couldn't help myself : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Brainwashed? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Amen older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009