Does vaccination cause Austism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• haha wow this is gonna be a long argument. Trollish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• NO!!!!! Not unless you are predisposed to getting it anyway. If it did there would be alot more people with autism. Ask your mom if she vaxxed you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• No, I dont believe it does.

In truth, there are arguments on either side and Im sure you will hear them today LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well my dear...that depends on who you ask.

I suggest reading literature about it as opposed to asking the CM population. Some of the women here will refute anything, even if the 100% proof is right in their face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I dont think it can. I think if I had to chose between not vaccinating my kids due to "it might give them autisim" and watch them die of an illness that the vaccinations could have avoided.... or vaccinated my kids and avoided the illnesses, like the measeles. Everyone has thier own opinion and has the right to thier own opinion, I chose to vaccinate my kids.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Nope. If it did cause it then there wouldn't be any non-vaccinated kids with autism. And there ARE.

If it did cause autism then EVERY kid who was ever vaccinated would have autism. And they don't.

Read the studies. Read the actual STUDY...NOT an article on the study. The media has blown things out of proportion time and time again...yet people jump on every damn bandwagon they come out with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't think that vaccinations are the sole cause of autism. Many kids who are vaccinated don't get it and some kids who aren't vaccinated do, so that correlation is right out the window. I think that it may be a contributing evironmental factor if there is a genetic predisposition, but it is not the only factor and vaccinating or not is not the determining factor if a child will have autism.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't know. It's possible, though.... and just becaues every vaccinated child isn't autistic doesn't mean squat. Children react differently to different things. Going on that logic, you'd also have to assume that peanut allergies are made up since not every child has a bad reaction from eating one.

I've seen quite a bit that leads me to believe there is probably a connection. Do I KNOW it causes it? Nope.

If you've posted this to stir up excitement - congrats, it'll probably happen.
    If you've posted this seeking true answers, your best bet is to reasearch for yourself , draw your own conclusion, & choose what's best for your family.

G'luck either way! :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There is some evidence that the preservatives (like Thimerisol and Mercury) and/or the interactions of multiple vaccines given at one time can cause health issues.

Do your own research, do not listen to the opinions of a bunch of strangers.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Remember, all smokers don't get cancer...