Why would any mom want to pierce their son ears?

I know this women pierce her 6 months old son ears. WTF????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If a woman can pierce her daughter's ears, why shouldn't she be able to pierce her son's? It's sexist to suggest that she shouldn't, if that's what you're aiming at. Both genders are wearing earrings pretty frequently these days.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Why is this even any of your buisness? If its not your son why are you worried about it? Dont judge other peoples decisions. We live in a free country for people to do things like that, if they want and when they want without people like you judging them. Sorry....pregnancy hormones :) and people like you make me mad. Quit judging, I'm sure you'd be upset if someone was constantly judging you on every single decision you made for your children.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I do think it's a little odd. I'm fine with piercings girls ears, and I guess I don't see anything WRONG with piercing a boys. Sorry if that makes me sexist but I think pierced ears is a girl thing, I mean babywise.
    My hubby has his pierced(and stretched...)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't really understand why you care.
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 1:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• HAHA THATS FUNNY BECAUSE I ACTUALLY KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HAD TWINS AND THE BABY'S FATHER BROUGHT THE BABY BOY GETS HIS EARS PIERCED BUT NOT THE BABY GIRL AND WE THOUGH THAT MAYBE HE DIDN'T REALIZE WHICH CHILD HE BROUGHT! BUT HE WANTED THE LIL BOYS EARS PIERCED ! PRETTY DUMB IF YOU ASK ME!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't pierce my son's ear until he gets to the age where he can decide for himself lol. like his preteen years. cause he might've never wanted it in the first place and I forced him to have it >.>
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Just like baby girls, I don't think its right to pierce your son's ears before he is old enough to ask for it. My opinion though.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with LaurenKaye29! If you say that we live in a free country where everyone can make their own choices why do you think that, even as their mother, you get to make a permanently altering decision for your child, boy of girl!
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

Ditto
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It could be a cultural thing or something that this family does. Why judge??
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009