he ate pasta recently, but wont eat it now!

a couple weeks ago i took my son to a family get together and he actually ate a lot of mostacolli(sp?) which is completely surprising because he NEVER ever wanted to eat it before. anyway i tried giving him some yesterday and he wouldn't eat it! why is this?!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 12:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• toddler? lol welcome to the joys of toddlerhood. Try it again at some later date. My kids always have to just try a small peice of their food. if they dont like it they dont have to eat it but they dont get something else instead. Sometimes when my toddler tries it she realizes she likes it and eats more. sometimes not thou.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree w/pp just wanted to add kids will often eat wild and crazy things OTHER people have made but refuse to touch one and the same at home.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Get used to it...today its tuna, tomorrow its not, today its broccoli, tomorrow no way, today its fish sticks, tomorrow it gets thrown on the floor. Hang in there...they're just exercising their new found control over what they eat. Whatever you do, don't make a fuss about it - positive or negative. Its just food, you don't want to make meal time into an issue. My rule is if she doesn't want to eat it, she doesn't have to...but she is not allowed to throw it on the floor (its the small things in life). Keep trying the things they dont like though...on average, it takes about 10-15 tries of a new food for a baby/toddler to develop a genuine like or dislike.

Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009