clear up acne

how can i get rid of my acne, whats a good face wash, or what helps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It depends on your age. Water - lots of water at ALL ages helps. If you're a teenager then the key is usually anti bacterial soap and something to dry it out (cream with salacytic acid, benzoil peroxide, etc.). If you're an adult...moisturize!!! Very often adult acne is caused by skin irritation due to over dry skin...so moisturize with something non-comedogenic and use a mild exfoliater regularly (nothing with "seeds" in it...they're harsh and can rip at your skin...use something with man made beads like Biore scrub, etc.) Also, if the acne is hormone related (i.e. pregnant, nursing, period, etc.) make sure you're getting your B6 vitamins. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My 13 year old daughter discovered that drinking lots of water clears up acne. I wish I'd know that when I was younger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• pure honey! just what you get at the grocery store..apply it daily before washing your face..its an antibacterial..it really helps..thta and a good diet. also oatmeal masks work wonders..just rolled oats and hot water cooked. and egg masks..seperate the yolk and white. the vitamin a in the yolk is what helps.. also an amazing product (all natural) is tea tree oil. its about 10 dollars for a little bottlebut its the best thing thats worked for me. you can buy it at any dept store.in the vitamin section.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There is help try Proactiv its really works!Worked for me!
    RoxyFoxy

Answer by RoxyFoxy at 4:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• oatmeal and honey masks work wonders. My fourteen yo makes her own! Every week, she makes a big batch of oatmeal, like, a ton (3-4 pots!). Then, every night she adds different ingredients. Most often, She uses:
    Strawberries
    Bananas
    apricot
    Honey
    Milk
    Mango
    Crushed up almonds
    You don't have to add any of those ingredients, they're just a little extra.
    It really works on her skin, but if it won't work for you, I love anything by neutrogena.
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 9:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I use the noxema acne pads. They are about $3 for 90 pads. Every night after I wash my face. No acne in a long time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Try the Avon Clearskin Professionals kit. Its made a huge difference in my skin and my customers, especially with adult acne, are in love with it too. I love the cool feeling the face wash gives my skin! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping if you'd like to try it :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• black opal blemish control bar is excellent.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 7:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sensaria Soothing Skincare line is a great option to get rid of acne. It works better than Proactive and it FAR easier on your skin. It's natural based and feels great on. Very gentle.
    www.mysensaria.com/neha
    If you have any questions, please ask! I would love to help you out.
    neha525

Answer by neha525 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009