How do you get over someone?

I was with this women for 31/2 yrs.We have been broke up for almost 10 mos.(in october it will be a yr) and I was wondering how do I get over her? I mean she has moved on(new girlfriend and everything) and I just can't seem not to think about her,when I know she isn't thinking about me.The sucky part is is I have to see her cause we have kids together but how do I get over her? Any advice?

mommaof21986

Asked by mommaof21986 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO READ MY DAUGHTERS BOOK, "BREAKING UP WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN" SHE HAS A WEB SITE WHERE YOU CAN GET IT, IT IS THE SAME NAME OF THE BOOK ONLY ADD .COM, IT WILL COME IN HANDY, IT SPECIFICALLY STATES THINGS YOU CAN DO TO BREAK THE CYCLE YOU ARE IN, GOOD LUCK!

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• her daughter is a lesbian too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sleep around or jam out to some mean break-up music (not sad love songs either). You should be glad that the relationship is over with for good - you can be in my situation where we break up and get back together constantly. I get strong and happy again living the single life when he start calling and emailing me, telling me that its going to work this time (this has been going on for 2 years) Its hard cause I still love him so I take him back everytime. I wish we could break up and just be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The only way I can get over a guy is to find someone new!! It takes a while to really get over the other person but the new takes your mind off of them :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Thanks for all suggestions. Im with someone new and im very happy. Hes great.
    mommaof21986

Answer by mommaof21986 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• That is awesome.. CONGRATS!
    Anonymous