Have you ever held a grudge and why?

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Yes, this stupid cow was trying to steal my ex while I was pregnant. What kind of skank does that? I will hate that wh*re forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes. I a "friend" slept with my ex when we broke up for a week. We're not friends. I could get past HIM doing it-- cause we broke up, and in his mind we were over (or he just wanted to get laid and it was a long distance relationship-- whatever). But SHE didn't stop being my friend after we broke up-- so it was WRONG on her part. Needless to say, we're not friends anymore.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I also held a grudge for a long time with DH's friend. He was living with me and my roommate when DH and I were dating. He was WITH my roommate, but back and forth with his WIFE. And he was on drugs. We caught him with them once and told him he could only stay with us if he kept that away from our home, and then I found some in his laundry. On top of that, things escalated with my roommate and him (she finally realized she was his piece of a$$ on the side, and that the nights he worked late he was HOME "making up" with his wife), and we kicked him out. He wouldn't stop calling, and I did what she asked and told him she didn't want to talk to him. I stood my ground when she wanted to let him come back (after he screamed obscenities at me like it was MY fault he was cheating), and had a real problem being around him for a long time after that............ CONTINUED
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think most people have held a grudge for some reason or another. There is one particular situation that I definitely am holding a grudge over. However, I hope to find a place inside to forgive, or at least understand the situation, so I can find peace. I'm trying to teach myself to see things with new eyes so I can rise above resentment, but it's tough!
    arcox79

Answer by arcox79 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• .........CONTINUED from above

But I'm glad I eventually gave in and forgave him (for bringing drugs into my home, verbally attacking ME for protecting my friend, and ALSO for his wife STALKING my friend and I one night b/c of all of his lies), and told DH I was okay with him being in our wedding. That was the bridge for us--- he's still an occasional screw up, but a good friend to BOTH of us. In fact, of all of DH's friends, he's the one we can always count on to be there. In this case I'm really glad I didn't hold a grudge forever, and gave him the chance to show he had changed.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yes i hold a few most of them are about being hurt by someone i trusted its always easier to forgive your enimies than your friends
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 1:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• YES...for that friend who slept with my ex while we were married and then got pregnant!
    A few women on here, because of miscommunications and rumors they think im a liar GRRRRRRRRRR
    My mother and her stuck up cousin sister and mom. they are all selfish cows!
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 1:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I held a grudge for 38 years against my father. He raped and molested me from 2 (earliest memories) until I left home at 15. I finally worked through forgiveness with God, although I have no contact with the man that is biologically my father. Forgiveness was really tough, but it was for me and not him. That awful grudge had eaten at me for so much of my life....it was just time to let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes, against two girls that I thought were my friends. One of them was a really good friend of mine & when I was with my ex, she and her boyfriend would come over, eat our food or split us up for the rest of the night. She would come hang out with me while my ex would go with her boyfriend to smoke weed (I didnt know about this for the longest time) also when I was at work, she was at my house hanging out with my ex alone, taking pregnancy test, eating our food and watching TV with him. It made me mad but the worst part was when we broke up, I was 3 mths pregnant, she and her bf would call him after he moved & tell him everything that I was doing. I think she is the one who called him as soon as I had my son cause he called the hospital right after & she was there for her brother. The other one was a long time friend who got with my ex when I was out of town, we worked together and she never came back after I confronted her.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yeah I hold some grudges. The man who tried to kill me. The whore my man that is my mans ex. She told her 7 year old to beat up on my 6 month old who has a disability. The fat worthless blob that molested my stepdaughter. Some people do not deserve to be forgiven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009