Have you ever had to speak in public like in a seminar, meeting, etc...you know?

For me no thanks I get soooo nervous in front of people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I have, both seminars and classes. I have to take a breath and slowly let it out while I am "arranging" my papers. It calms me down enough to speak.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes...I love talking in front of groups...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Quite often. Groups from 25 to 2500....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Great advice Bmat. I also find taking deep breathes and short sips of ice water helps to calm my nerves...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yep! As a former Pharmaceutical Sales Rep Trainer I conducted training seminars for up to 250 people at a time, had to present training statistics and various presentations to regional conferences of medical professionals and investors (including CEOs of big pharma companies) which could be upwards of 1000 people.

I had held many other positions that lead up to the one above where I fine tuned my public speaking skills. I even took speech courses to learn how to completely eliminate my Boston accent! People think I sound like I'm from the mid-west! LOL

As long as I know my stuff and I'm prepared I'm never nervous--even when equipment breaks (and it has!). :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't have a problem, unless I am supposed to stay in front of a podium. I have done a few presentation etc. but I have to move round or I get jumbled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm a teacher.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009