Do you believe people are tested?

Do any of you believe that the way a person acts towards another can be a test? For example the old "the homeless person that you offered food to or were hateful to could have been an angel"

This is not for pointing fingers at any CM members, but of people in general.

Do any of you believe that the way a Christian acts or treats another person could be a direct test from God, seeing if you really understand his message of love.

Do you think that God can put people in your life specifically to see if you treat them with respect as a fellow person, not to convert, to preach or to do anything to
but simply follow The Golden Rule?

* Again, please no finger pointing and if you feel the question doesn't jive with what you believe you are under no obligation to answer!*

sarahbrown1220

Asked by sarahbrown1220 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, yes, yes. I can't tell you how many times lately I have wanted to say something snotty, anon. But that makes me just as rude as the person I am trying to "sock it to" LOL. God has used these moments to reveal to me my own heart. That while I have more self control (usually), I still have the same initial responses and desires as the people who are being rude to begin with. That is why I usually just ignore certain posts to begin with.

God has even used Shaneagle so much, to show me how to respond honestly and graciously. I have prayed for my heart to have the same compassion that her answers have.

But yes, God's testing reveals to us where our hearts are at. I love it. That is what tests are for, so we can see our progress and then see where what areas we need more instruction in. It could show us that we need more faith, love, patience, etc. Or it can show us we are doing better than we thought : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes i do! I believe He does allow things to happen to build our character and to teach us as we grow in Him. If we miss it we do get another chance :-) I have gone through some things more than once until I get the message He is attempting to convey. He truly wants us to lean more on Him than on the things of the world and to place our trust in Him as well as listen to His voice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• YES, HE IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL

Answer by older at 3:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• How about stop looking at everything as a 'test' from god and simply follow your heart and have compassion and love for your fellow humans?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• while I don't share in your theory on who is doing the testing

I do believe we have to test ourselves and our own kindness if we want to have any peace around us.
    Positive energy creates more positive energy. Negative, more negative.

For every negative thing I do, I go out and do at least two positive things in return.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• -Yes. I take Matthew 25:34-41 very seriously. It's one of the reasons I chose Social Work.

-Yes. God sends me tests frequently. When I fail, he lets me know lol. I am a proud person and like to do everything "the right way." When I become judgemental or overly critical of others, I'm often taught a lesson by God placing people in my life to do the same to me. Empathy speaks to me most and feeling how others feel has helped me to grow and learn to try to be kind and forgiving.

-Yes. We choose God because he first chose us. I am but a tool to spread his kindness and my testimony is but a suppliment to the urging of the Holy Spirit on the heart of someone that he is calling to himself. It is not my job to shove scripture but to live it so that his calling can be effective, through me as a tool, should he choose to use me in that way.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

--------------
    Some of us are collecting quite an "anontourage" lately aren't we lol? I admit I've been a little snarky lately to the adoring anons that choose me to pick on lol. I just can't stand personal insults. If someone is wrong, why not kindly explain so that they can know better? *sigh* anyway, off my soap box. Thanks for the reminder Cin :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I haven't gotten the victory over my "snarkiness" quite yet. The unconverted Peter in me rises more often than I'd like, and I'm quick to draw the sword. Please pray for me.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Honey; I'm tested every time I sign onto this insane forum!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Tested and you always pass witchqueen. Sure why not, but i don't think it's any god that does the testing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009