Why?

So President Obama has something like 34 Czars WHY? Doesn't anyone else think this to be quite excessive? One is probably more then enough but 34?

If I am getting this right they only answer to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because czars answer only to him. They don't have to go through Congress and will be able to carry out his evil, sinister plans. He's a commie bastard, what else should we expect?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Czars are not accountable to the people, because they are not elected by the people. They are only loosely accountable to the president. They are pretty much free to do what they please, when they please, how they please, and the hell with what anyone else thinks or says about it. They have pretty close to total, absolute control over their slice of the government. If you want a true Democracy or Democratic form of government, they have to be reined in and their power distributed. It's not the president with the power--he gave it away, to people that neither he nor anyone else can get rid of easily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• But we can shoot 'em, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Remember Russia? They only had ONE czar to depose, and the overthrow left them in a shambles and they were taken over by Communists. America now has 34 of the bastards, what will it take to get rid of them, and what will happen after--will we be taken over by the Communists. Maybe Communist China?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Anon 51: Shooting people is against the law, who wants to spend the rest of their life in jail or get the needle for it? Besides if they have their way, pretty soon we will all be disarmed one way or another. Shooting them will be a moot point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Obama can avoid accountability with Czars.... Yup a man who promised ACCOUNTABILITY during the election has 34 counts of accountability fraud going on. People are waking up, though.. They aren't going to put up with Obama and Dems much longer if they keeps this up. 2010!!!! Then onto 2012!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Excuse me what does Czars mean?
    ___________
    They are appointed advisers by the president. I think it is funny they use this term because in Slavic it means potentate and eventually developed into King or Ruler.

The first ruler to adopt the title was Simeon of Bulgaria.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I keep telling you that BO is just a talking head. He has surrounded himself with all of the people who groomed him for the office. He is just what we see. He has all of these czars because they don't have to be vetted. I'm surprised Bill Ayers isn't a czar. I'm sure he gets his 2 cents worth in.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• They're not getting my guns! Hell with 'em! I have no problem telling BO AND his effing czars where to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My take on the situation? Honestly, I will wait and see how it goes, because if they seem to try to make America better, than good for them. If not, we are a country that loves it's Freedom and if they try to get out of hand, we will not allow it.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2009