Is there anything I can do to help with being Dizzy?

Dh loves to tease me I'm A Dizzy Blonde! Its really not Funny! Anyway last month I finished with over 7 1/2 weeks of heavy dysfunctional Bleeding! My iron is Low! I can't take the 3 iron pills! I'm Miserable, Weak, tired Etc... Plus+ My migraines are too frequent! I can't afford health care. We're jobless! I feel Hopeless. I just wrapped some Gifts for A Bridal Shower, made an elegant Dirt Dessert. But I'm Hot & so Dizzy. My Grandson toddlers are Crying! I'm Stressed & unwell! But I want to go! Its Very Hot & Humid here! My house or car has no A/C.! We live in the rural country. Close to Nothing! I need to perk up for this Shower! I have plans to celebrate my Birthday tomorrow. And I feel Awful! Any Tips?? Thank you for caring & Any good useful suggestions! Thank you in advance for your time!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 2:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• Why can't you take the iron pills?

This will not fix you in time for tomorrow, but try cooking out of a cast iron pan. It releases small amounts of iron when it is cooked in (my doctor suggested this to me when I was pregnant and it raised my iron levels just enough to keep me from being anemic)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with the cast iron. It's the only thing I cook in bc of the much needed iron. You sound like you may have fibroids with the extreme bleeding. I'm sure that's where your iron went. The health dept should be able to give you services for free. Get checked. They also give you vitamins that have iron in them. Maybe you are dealing with peri-menopause (if you have grandkids) as well with being overly hot. I live in FL and it's nice here today. No need of a/c. I always liked rural areas bc they usually have nice winds that flow through the house if you open all the windows. Maybe you are having a windless day. Stress will do some of that to you as well. You could google dizzy and see what it could be but tell dh it's "Ditzy Blond" not dizzy. Make sure you drink lots of water too.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you can't take iron, and this is what your doctor told you to do, then perhaps try a different kind of iron. The kind I took for years, turn out it gave me terrible stomach aches. I looked on the bottle to see what kind of iron it was, and then bought a vitamin with a different kind of iron, and goodbye to the stomach aches. If the doctor has prescribed an iron medicine, then maybe call and ask for some other kind of iron medicine. This assuming you know that your dizziness is due to anemia, that a doctor has told you so. If you are just guessing, then after all of that bleeding. you really need a medical diagnosis. Check and see if there is a place you can get reduced cost or free health care. How about the ER, for example. I hope that you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Floradix, google it.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009