Where to get ears pierced?

I'm not trying to start one of the controversial posts....just wanting to know, if you got your babies ears pierced, where did you go to get them done? And how did you find the place you went? I live in DFW, Tx and want to go get my 7 months old done this week. I did a google search but am not finding much. Any ideas on how to find one locally?

Calliesmomma179

Asked by Calliesmomma179 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure about local but When I got my daughters done I got them done at a tattoo parlor. They are a lot cleaner than places in the malls. She was a year. I wanted to do it sooner and wish I could have but my husband was against it. It took me that long to talk him into it. lol.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 2:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I used to work at ICINGS (formally known as Afterthoughts, like Clairs in the mall) and I pierced ages from 3 months to this lady who came in on her 85th birthday to have hers pierced! LOL We did a lot of piercings and I can tell you from experiance that we had pleanty of training and they are just as sanatized as a tatoo parlor. Sometimes if there are more than two associates working you can get one on each ear and have them do it at the same time so the baby only feels the piercing once. I had my daughter done at Icings and she was 11 months old. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a girl and plan on getting her ears pierced about 8 months, they are less likely to pull at them. Good Luck
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Where ever she decides when she is old enough to make the decision to put permanent holes in her body. It is such a special day for a young lady.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am waiting on my dd to WANT them and be able to pick out her own earrings and have a fun "girl" day out with her....maybe not until she starts her period...thats what my mother did with me..

When I started my period my mother and I went out on the town...got my ears pierced, had dinner and talked girl stuff...I still remember that....I would love to have that memory with my dd. And for her to have it too ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Anon:43, If she gets her ears pierced and her daughter decides she doesnt want them she can take them out and the holes will close up. Thats what my daughter did, I wish we had pierced my 3 year old daughters ears earlier so she would be use to them. But we waited until she was almost 2 and they are now closed up.

mom2twobabes: You can still have a lot of fun memories doing girl stuff even if she got her ears done early on in life. There are pleanty of chances for that, not just this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I took my infant daughter to Clares in the Mall. They are very sanitary and I do recommend them.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would just call around and ask what their sanitation practices are and how long they've been doing it. I'm lucky, if I wanted my DD's ears pierced, there is a piercing "boutique" not too far from where I work. I would have it done there because that is all they do.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Call the places that does piercings and tattoos. I do not recommend going to a place that uses piercing guns. There is NO way a piercing gun can be clean. I am sorry. I have done my research, and am disgusted with the idea that I had my ears pierced with the gun before I educated myself. The place I get piercings at uses fresh, sterile needle for each piercing and discards used needles. However, I am not sure if they will have needles small enough to pierce an infant's ears. Call and ask. Make sure they pierce with unused needles, not pierce then santize it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon:05, Icings and Claires use the piercing guns and DO use fresh, sterile needles for each piercing and DO discard used needles. Trust me, you can even watch them do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009