Did you know that racism is still so bad in 2009?

I don't know how to post a link. Go to www.adn.com and the story title is "Victim's race seems to be sole reason for attack" If anyone know's how to post the link, I'd appreciate it.
This story made me really sad, and what makes me sadder is that it sounds like these 2 jerks will get off with just a slap on the wrist.
Does this sort of rascism happen in your community? Do you have any thoughts on the matter? Will people ever quite hurting those that are defenseless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is the link OP and the story is disgusting

http://www.adn.com/front/story/899153.html

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Of course it's still just as bad as it ever was. It's not "just' white people though, I live in a predominately black area and trust me, it's no fun being the minority no matter what you are!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• That is my area. I am in Anchorage. Yes race does play a huge part in crime still, it is a disgusting fact. Maybe one day people can get past it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Racism and hatred is ugly in all it's forms.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• omg....So does child abuse and spousal abuse, and pedophiles and thieves. there will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be stupid, awful, terrible people out there that do stupid, awful, terrible things. The world is not, nor will it EVER be some kind of utopia. Jesus. But is Racism as vad as it once was.....let me think...when was the last time you came across a segregated bus, water fountain, school ect? When was the last time you watched a TV show with ZERO minorities and what was the last company you saw that ZERO minorities working there or in management. Heck ,look at Washington...there is a dang BLACK MAN in the WH. So is racism still around.....yes, honey it ALWAYS wil be. Is it as bad as it once was..NO.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes racism still exists...and its not just some whites towards blacks.I do not personally believe it will ever be annihilated.I do not believe we will all someday be hand and hand singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony." Sounds great and all but I deal in reality so the idea that it will happen imo is a fantasy.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• By the way we have made great strides though dont you think?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes I see it happen a lot! I get a lot of racist comments about my hubby and I being married. Also since we have a child together it got worse with the rude stares and comments no matter where we go we get at least 2 of them.

The other thing I can not stand is racist stereotypes

Like all African Americans like fried chicken, watermelon, and grape soda. Well I don't like any of that stuff!

Same thing with Whites, Hispanics, Asians, and so on and so on!

People need to stop assuming and judging!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• tnmomofive, I don't think you read the article. It's not whites attacking blacks, or vice versa. It's a couple of punk white people attacking Ak Natives in Anch. Ak. and posting the attack on youtube to brag about it. I don't see how having a "black" man in the white house is supposed to nullify the attacks?

Great strides? I think a great stride would be for these punks to be charged with a hate crime instead of being let out on bail for only $50-$100 dollars.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes I did read it anon and racism comes in all colors...Where did I say how far we have come nulifies it? I said it is disgusting...I agree they should be charged.They sure arent the only ones to get a slap on the wrist and anyone doing such should be charged.Look stop looking for something that isn't there...I simply was pointing out that I do not believe in any fantasy utopia
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009