DO YOU ALPHABETIZE YOUR

MEDIA CENTER? I just got a new media center and thought it would be nice to have all action section and an all horror section and so on...and alphabetize them.
But it seems like alot of work and patients lol. Did you do some type of organizing with yours or just threw them in there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I do that... I separate by genre - then do alphabet. Does it stay that way?
    Nope.
    But I rearrange 2 or 3 times a week.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• All my stuff is . LOL
    Took me for ever to do it but once I got it done It staied that way .,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes I do. For music CDs I have about 6 different categories, and I alphabetize within the category.

For DVDs I strictly alphabetize, and when I put them back after viewing, they go right back where they belong. This way I can find them when I want them.

If you want to group and then alphabetize within the groups, that would work for you and make it easy to find a movie or show when you are in the mood for a certain category.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I organize by type, and if I have more than one by the same artist, I put them all together, but I don't alphabetize them...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My husband is anal about his DVDs. They're arranged by categories that really only he gets. He can just look at the seriously hundreds of DVDs and tell if one is in the wrong place or missing. I don't even attempt to put them back anymore; if I watch one I leave it on the TV when I'm done.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 3:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I used to have everything organised, music and series by band/series and then by release date... I love alphabetising. But we have had to get the kids away from the CDs and DVDs too many times to go through all that effort now, just to have them mess it up.

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I did that once and no one would follow the system so everything is just a jumbled mess. I hate it when I'm looking for a particular movie and it takes me 15 minutes or so to find it....grrrrrr!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2009