Wearing my toddler out?

On the days we stay home he has a hard time sleeping at night. But it's too hot outside. And everything is so crowded on the weekends. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get Bichon (dog)...I have 2 and I just throw them a toy and they will chase her, play tug of war, etc. all without hurting her (very, very gentle dog) for hours. I'm pregnant and live in Phoenix...way too hot to go outside right now so she gets a lot of her exercise this way. =)

Dancing is also good - get a Wiggles DVD and dance around the livingroom.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It's possibly how the sunlight affects your sleep cycles. Just try to make sure you get your sunlight for the day even if it is just :30 minutes in the yard on the days you stay home.
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 6:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think it's great fun to play wrestle with my toddler. Just find relatively soft place.

Or play hide-and-seek, or ring around the rosy.

Or get them some really great toys for bath time.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009