When it comes to raising children everyones an expert...

what part of raising kids do you think makes you an expert?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• i am an expert at raising MY kids. i know their wants, their needs, how to communicate with them, how to effectively discipline them, what they like and don't like.

i am by no means an expert at raising everyone else's kids. i can give suggestions, but i can't guarantee that what works for my family will work for yours.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't think that anyone is an expert. I think that we are all experienced, but that just comes with the territory or being a parent.

Oh, and I think that people who have NEVER had kids but read something somewhere need to keep their mouths shut because they really have NO idea what its like having a child.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• No expert here!

After 3 kids, I think I have quite a bit of knowledge is various fields of child rearing, but I certainly do not know everything. Not enough to make me an expert.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Expert concerning children, no such thing LOL, to many variables....ie: personalities, traits, heritage, nature etc. etc. etc. the list could go on and on. But I do know what works for my kids like a previous poster said, I am no expert, I can tell you what I think based on recommendations of an age group and my personal experience and education but still no expert...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I know more then my husband about kids because thats been my whole life for the last 25 yrs. His oldest is 23 and didn't raise her. So when it comes to our 5 yr old son yeah I am much better at it.
    I am an expert at my own kids but everyone else's it's a crapshoot. All I can do is, tell you what I do and you can take it from there. Follow the advice or leave it alone.
    You are the expert of your own kids just not all of them, lol,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I read the owners' manual
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am by no means an expert at raising children. I think when it comes to my children i know them best but that is only mine. When it comes to others I can tell you what I would do but it may not work because every child is different. I dont think anyone can say they are an expert at raising children because every child is different. Different personalities, behavior, traits, wants, needs and so on.
    mamasangels2009

Answer by mamasangels2009 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with many of the others, I do not claim to be an expert on all children, just mine. I am with my children most of the time and as such I now them the best, I know what they need and I see to it that they are never with out what they need to be happy, healthy and safe.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Not a darn thing...lol.
    I am still learning new things all the time.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Funny how none of you mom's will admit to thinking that your an expert on parenting, when other mom's aske questions or say something on parenting that you don't agree with...WATCH THE EXPERT COME OUT!!!!!!!!!! LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2009