plastic surgery

As a christian do you believe that plastic surgery is acceptable? Im not talking about fixing a cleft lip or reconstructing facial features. Im talking aobut raising your breat size or getting liposuction because you think you need/want it.

No bashing please.

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok so i was going to edit this to say "this is mainly for christians but i would like everyones opinion" but i pushed the enter key on accident.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I DON'T NECESSARILY CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE A CHRISTIAN, IN FACT I JUST HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. I HAD PLASTIC SURGERY, I DON'T THINK GOD WOULD OBJECT TO ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OR FAITH.

Answer by older at 3:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am a "believer" as I like to call it... and I have had plastics done, to better myself, and I don't think God would have a problem with that. I know some say if you alter the body He gave you it is a sin, But I think that if you alter yourself to please Him, by loving yourself more, does please Him
    leftylucy81

Answer by leftylucy81 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The Bible says we are to work on the inward person, the "uncorruptible" parts. What difference does it make if I'm a gossip with nice breasts? Besides, I'm personally convinced that spending money on anything that doesn't bring glory to God is worthless. Spending thousands of dollars on vanity is poor stewardship, IMO.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't think my faith has any play on it, except the money would be better spent on less selfish things. But I would love to have my boobs done, they are so ugly I am so self conscious.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• This is my personal opinion. I am happy with the way I look. I am confident and know who I am in Christ. He sees me as beautiful and precious. I do not need plastic surgery because I am comfy in my own skin. Its not how you look on the outside that matters as much as what is seen in the heart.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• IMHO, vanity is a sin. Someone who has serious image issues with their body (not out of mental illness but out of genuine concern and feeling awkward) and wanting to fix something because they're self-conscious and it severely alters their quality of life is one thing (i.e. my cousin was born with mis-shapen earlobes and was tormented by peers about it, I can see why she would want plastic surgery and had it done). Having surgery "just because" out of vanity is quite another. It's a waste of money, IMHO and poor stewardship.

I'd hardly judge someone who has had it done though. Not my body, not my money :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• DEVILLNPIGTAILS, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS STATEMENT WENT THROUGH MY MIND, except the money would be better spent on less selfish things, AND I WAITED UNTIL MY KIDS WERE IN THEIR OWN TO TAKE CARE OF ME. I AM GLAD I WAITED BECAUSE IT HELPED GET ME SOME MORE TIME TO ADJUST MY YOUNG MIND TO AN AGED BODY.

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I love this question. I used to work for a plastic surgeon and it really started to bother me to the point that I had to quit. At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but I began to feel so bad for the women who felt so bad for themselves, and they kept coming back to fix more and more things they didn't like. It becomes an addiction for more people than you would know. Not just MJ.

Anyways, that was a long time ago. I know I personally won't get plastic surgery because if I ever have en extra 5 thousand dollars lying around I will send it to KP Yohannan and Gospel for Asia, so they can bring more souls into the kingdom.

It is important to know how valuable you are and not succumb to the pressure of a society that objectifies women. Our value is not based on how we look on the outside; that is a lie.

I don't judge women who get PS, but I have discouraged my close friends from getting it and one now agrees with me
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think if you want it and can afford it great. How is that really that diffrent than the thousands of dollars people spend on diet prodects in their life time (other than the nuch quicker results)?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009