What are you putting all your little one's works of art? I'm starting to accumulate a collection and was wondering what is the best way to keep everything safe and together?

Mom_of_redhead

Asked by Mom_of_redhead at 3:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get the BIG 3 ring note books, one or two for each kid and use the cheap plastic protector sheets, you can put 2 pictures in each sleeve if they're standard size. Its alot cheaper than scrapbooks or photo albums.

AEB_MRB

Answer by AEB_MRB at 12:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Honestly, for the most part I throw it out after about a week. But I just created a wall for their art in our spare room. I put a chalkboard in the middle of the wall, and then put their names up with the block letters (can get at any craft store) on the wall on either side of the chalkboard. Now when they create art I will be hanging it up there!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have one of those accordian files for each kid.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We have a sunroom where all the toys live and we use the 3 boys' pictures on some of the windows and the wall above the windows.

I also saw a REALLY cool idea of hanging string or ribbon between two tacks and hanging the art from the line with clothespins. Very cute!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We are military so no family near by so both sets of Grandparents get packages with art. And I use the finger paintings as address labels for packages to my family deployed. Who can't smile at children's art, it is pure laughter.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am up to my neck in my son's artwork. I saw an idea not long ago though that I am going to do. You take close up pictures of your child's artwork and then take the pictures to either Wal-mart or another photo place and turn the pictures into a book of artwork. As soon as I get my camera fixed, I am going to do that. I plan on buying 3 copies of each book. One to keep, and two to give to the grandparents for Grandparent's Day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• some good ideas ive heard are you could get a picture frame and every week just put a new picture of his/hers in the frame and then once the frame gets full you can just transfer them to like a photo album or scrapbooking album. i know its hard but if you just try to save the favs or the ones that baby spent a lot of time on rather than just the scribbles here and there then you could save some more space too. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Take a digital photograph of it and save it to an online album. Or you could get it put on a cd.
    Then toss out the paper.
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 6:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• make a scrapbook, one of those 12x12. you can simply tape it on the page. DS just started MMO and anything I get from that I plan to scrapbook it. make one book for every year of school. taking photos and storing on the comp is a good idea too, just in case of a fire, you'd have the memory.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've got a string going up the stairway and a clothespin her art to it.

I just layer the newer art on top of the old ones.

Though recently she did a bunch of finger-paint pages, and they're such great colors that I'm thinking of cutting them into fish shapes and putting a school of fish on her bedroom wall. (my daughter loves fish).
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009