My 10 months hair growing slow

She is 10 months & her hair is so short. i'm so tired of poeple asking me is that a boy. Even when she got her pink out on. Both Me & her dad as thick long hair. He use to until i made him cut it short. I can only put one rubber band in the front which is cute bc she has curly hair.

N- E ways is there anything i can do to help her hair grow? Or may be i should be patient.

allison713

Asked by allison713 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My DD didnt have hardly any hair until she was almost 2. Just be patient.

You can buy some of those no slip headbands for her to wear if you think that'll help to make ppl stop asking if she's a boy.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Ahhh Momma that baby girl will be just fine. Some peoples hair just grows slower than others. Head bands, bows, hair clips in her hair...if it makes you feel better so people won't question. But seriously...look at that sweet face, how could anyone think thats a boy! Shes just beautiful! And ya know what, her hair is the least of your worries if you really think about it. She is beautiful and healthy and thats all that really matters, right ? Take care darlin'. Wish I could hold her.
    PTweezer

Answer by PTweezer at 4:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Thank U !!!! I know she's adorable. I'll just buy some bands for her hair wen we take picts for her 1st b-day (Oct. 2)
    allison713

Answer by allison713 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It will grow. My son is 13 months and is just NOW getting some hair. And when I was a baby I didn't have hair until I was 2 years old... and now have very thick hair.
    it will come in time.
    For now I would just buy those cute flower head bands they make for girls....
    Either way she will probably STILL be called a boy from time to time... I think everyone gets that no matter if the little girl is dressed head to toe in pink with pig tails... someone STILL will call her a He
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 11 months and I have the same thoughts. I think probably around 2 it'll start to really grow. I've always wanted a daughter especially to do her hair and this like torture :). When I see my baby pictures I didn't have too much until I was 2 also. I just put a headband on her. Funny thing is my son had so much more hair, genetics is weird.
    maani26

Answer by maani26 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My daughter was still bald on her first birthday; I had strangers chastising me for putting a dress on a boy. By the time she was 3, she had thick, curly, hard to control hair.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My poor DD is 19 months and her hair is just now long enough to go up in a tiny 'pony tail' It's more like a little sprig of hair that sticks straight up really. They really need a baby rogain (sp) Don't they? lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My friends little girl didn't have hair until she was close to 3 years old and then it seemed overnight it started growing and once it started it hasn't stopped
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son was the opposite he had long curly hair and everyone always commented about how cute my daughter was even when he had a shirt on that said "Mama's little man" (I about slapped that moron) .. never realized how hair could tell a person automatically what sex a baby is LOL
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009