I need advise on a breast pump... I am about to go back to work, and the pump I have takes too long to use at work.

I was wondering if anyone has used the "miPunp" my The First Years, with the breastflow bottle system. It seems really nice, and is the one I am leaning towards. It is supposed to be one of the quicker, quieter ones. And the Breastflow bottle seem neat! Supposed to be easier for baby to use and transition back and forth between nursing and bottle. Any info or advice would help. Thanks!

banana.blueyes

Asked by banana.blueyes at 3:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about switching, but I love the hospital's pump it is noisy but it works so well, that I don't care. When I was considering going back my plan was to rent the one from the hospital, you supply the tubing and bottles. The local hospital probably will let you rent it for a good price per month. I always had a hard time pumping but never with the one at the hospital. Good luck, you are stronger then me.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have the mipump. I love it! dd is only a week and goes back and forth between the breast and bottles like a champ. I highly recommend the breastflow system.
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 5:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Great bottles...the pump I don't think has been around long enough to know if it will stand the test of time and serious use. I would stick with medela, ameda, or lansinoh pumps...they will take the wear and tear.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I work 3 days a week so I pump quite a bit... i have the medela pump in style and it is fantastic! Not at all loud and it only takes me 5-10 minutes to get a full bottle.... it is expensive but SO worth it to keep up your supply when you can be with baby
    cayceswife

Answer by cayceswife at 6:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• oops i meant when you "can't" be with baby
    cayceswife

Answer by cayceswife at 6:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009