Have any of you tried to work through SMC , catalog selling?

If so i was wondering what are the risks and how are you doing ( or done)?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I actually wanted to but i never actually joined i still think about it but havent had a chance to go check out the warehouse They have about ten minutes from my house. i will do that soon sometime. And i got into doing paid surveys online and found it easier since im online most of the time anyhow lol.
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes long time ago. But honestly I thought the products were cheesy.

I have moved on from the catalog thing to bigger and definitely better.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I used to many years ago. I never had any problems with them but some of their products are a little 'cheesy'.

I recently looked again to see what they have now. You can't see any products online. I requested info & they called me .. I told them I needed specific products but they wouldn't tell me if they had any.

I really felt pressured ... it was just sign up and we'll send you the info.

I told her I would have to think more about it and I would contact them if and when I decided but she kept pushing ... I finally had to hang up on her!!

THEN someone else from SMC called me again the next day! I do NOT like being pressured!!

You can find other drop shippers out there ... it just takes lots of time!!

Good Luck, Beth http://4yourfamily.org/teamwork

4yourfamily

Answer by 4yourfamily at 7:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Check this out, and see if it's something you'd rather do. It's super easy, and louds of fun.
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I am able to stay home with my kids comfortably doing this. Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It's not bad and you can make money if you really put time and effort into it. Those that make the most money are those that sell at flea market type places. eBay and the internet is saturated with their products, so while you can sell some on eBay, you have to really be clever to get your items sold over the tons of others. I can show you several auctions/ebay stores selling nothing but SMC things. Some products are not all that great, but many are pretty good. The fee to join is a little hefty, but if you intend to put your all into it then it isn't a bad investment. I've never had to deal with them over the phone. I had gone to their website and requested a packet to be mailed to me and went from there. I haven't done it for a couple of years now and let my membership go. I didn't have time to promote things to make it worth my time.
    pam

Answer by pam at 6:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I wanted to add above (but ran out of room.... ha) that one thing that having my "SMC membership" was handy for was whenever I was strapped for cash at any point, I could throw a couple of things up on eBay that I knew would sell and place my order with SMC after getting paid, then they drop shipped the item.

Anyway, request the packet from their site or call them and read through what they have and see if it is worth your while. It isn't for everyone, but some do well.
    pam

Answer by pam at 6:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did it years ago. it's a scam. I hardly sold anything cause the products were pretty lame, and who wants that? Plus, you have to pay so much for the kit. well, they let you make payments to them every month. I never even finished making the payments cause they were so high. I will never waste my money like that again.
    robsgrl

Answer by robsgrl at 4:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• There are so many different things you can do other than SMC, that don't cost a fortune. I work for many different companies and the only one that cost me ($10) was Avon. all the others were free to sign up. check out my website at www.melbaspamperparty.webs.com . just copy and paste it. if you decide you like it, sign up in the affiliate section of each link. Have a wonderful day.
    robsgrl

Answer by robsgrl at 4:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009