Christians share with me, please

a verse about turning the other cheek? I hope there is more than just one in the bible because right now I am having a hard time turning. Do you have another verse about when others continue to wrong you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Then Peter approaching asked him, "Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times." Matthew 18: 21-22 NAB (some versions say seventy times seven)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." Matthew 18:15-17

Parable of the Unforgiving Servant: Matt 18:23-35
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. Matthew 5:39

Luke 6:29 "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head." (Romans 12:19,20; "it is written" in Proverbs 25:21,22)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Lexy that is one of my favorite verses! I had forgotten about it! :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Mine,too!
    When I was younger I'd pray for and wait for God to poor coals onto the head of the person who'd insulted me. When I studied the verses' connection to the old sanctuary services, I was quite ashamed of myself.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I am really sorry for this answer....I honestly can't think of any other verse other than the ones already mentioned. I am, however, currently listening to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" and it sorta kinda applies....LOL ...I am soooooo sorry. Long Day .....
    Hope you find peace within yourself. God Bless..
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• All of these are good. Im having a hard time turning the other cheek too so dont feel alone. Mine is with my family. I dont understand why God would have me be in relationship with a person who talks about me behind my back and judges me harsher than any stranger and then to my face says they love me and care about me and want a relationship with me....well, I m just not getting that. I know I have to forgive, and I guess in time, I can, but I just dont want a relationship with this person. I feel that the things shes done are deal breakers...family or not.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have that same issue with my sister in law. We haven't spoken now in 3 years, and she lives 2 houses up the road from me. She is just a very unkind...nasty person who took pleasure in hurting me and my family. I don't know why she's like that but she is.
    For momofsaee: I've resigned myself to the fact that I can forgive her, but that doesn't mean I have to be her friend or spend any amount of time in her company. I'm a better person overall when I don't have to deal with her and her issues.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i dunno if you are having problems w/ anger but i thought id put these out there just in case. good luck...turning the other cheek is soooo hard!

2 Timothy 2:23-24
    "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone..."

Proverbs 19:11
    "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

Romans 12:17
    "Repay no one evil for evil"
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009