Very personal, but really need some help!!

Ok, so I'm still in my postpartum phase (my daughter is 1 month old). I have stopped bleeding, but still have a thick yellowish discharge, any thats not the problem. Today while in the bath tub I was "exploring" things down there to see how the healing was going, this was my first time really checking things out. Well I felt a large bump so I got a mirror, looked and it was a bump like right on the opening and I could see at least one more like right inside. I don't think they have pus in them, and the don't hurt to touch, my SO and I haven't had sex since before her birth so I know it's not an STD. Does anyone know what these could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• Could be ingrown hairs.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It sounds like a couple of cysts have formed due to bacteria in the area. You may not be keeping the area clean and dry enough. I know, very hard thing to do after having a baby. However after childbirth, the perineum MUST be kept clean. Pads should be changed frequently as the lochia tends to drain anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Might try wiping with a clean, damp wash cloth and then patting dry with toilet paper. Or possibly it's a Gartner's duct cyst. This type of cyst develop on the side walls of the vagina; usually . Active during fetal development the duct ordinarily disappears after birth. In some cases, however, portions of the duct may collect fluid and develop into a vaginal wall cyst. Ultimately, it would be best to mention it to your health care provider and have the lumps examined especially since this is a postpartum issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i fully agree that you should have it checked out by your ob gyn. i assume that you had an episiotomy. it is very important to keep the are clean and dry for the healing process. almost impossible post partum. it could be a number of things but hard to tell without an exam., please seek the attention of your ob gyn. good luck and best wishes!!!!
    GTMOM41

Answer by GTMOM41 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009