Have you gotten negative HPT's but had a positive blood test result?

Have you ever been pregnant, but still had a shorter and lighter period for a few months and still had a negative HPT but got a positive blood test and the drs office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't but my sister had her period until she was five months along with my nephew and she didn't get a positive home pregnancy test until she was about 15 weeks along! Her pregnancy was very high risk and that was the problem in her case, but may not be with you! her doctor told her that in some cases it is harder to carry the baby and that causes a low hormone level! Make sure you see your doctor and report any changes and don't stress too much! Four doctors told my sister to give up, there was nothing to do but wait for her to miscarry. She found a supportive doctor and followed his instructions. Nathan will be six in a few months and her daughter
    ( another high risk pregnancy) will be three nest week!
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think im about 16weeks along, but have gotten my period, but each month in the last 4 months it has been getting shorter and lighter, and up to 40 days in between. The only reason I really started thinking I was pregnant was that even after losing 35lbs and getting pretty skinny my belly started poking out more and more, I just thought I was bloated b4 my last period that lasted only 2 days, but since it ended on Monday Im still feeling like my belly is getting bigger and harder and I felt some movement in my belly. I know most people will say that Im crazy and its all in my head but I know what it feels like to be 4-5months preggo and this is it, To me it feels like I missed all my 1st trimester symptoms except being extremly tired. This week I have taken 2 tests and they were negative, and about 3 months ago when I went 2 weeks late I took on and it was negative. Im waiting impatiently for a drs appt.!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2009