Could having sex the night before mess with a pregnancy test?

I am 3 days late, no period symptoms. I took a test this morning & it was positive. Dh & DTD last night without potection, but I peed right after & actually woke up twice last night to pee. I'm just in disbelief I guess, but sperm couldn't have given me a positive, right? Sorry this is such a stupid question! I'm just so excited & don't want to find out it was all for naught.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy tests measure the amount of hormones in your body by what is present in your urine! The darker the test the further along you are! Sex doesn't effect them at all as long as your urine stream was clean! If you are worried about it though take another test and instead of using the usual method try collecting a sample in a clean sterile cup first and them insert the tip of the test into the cup for 10 seconds! This is more accurate! It's the same as taking one at the doctor! Most doctor's use the cheapest tests they can buy! But it sounds like I need to say Congrats!!!
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• a test detects HCG the pregnancy hormone.Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone produced in pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo soon after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta). Its role is to prevent the disintegration of the corpus luteum of the ovary and thereby maintain progesterone production that is critical for a pregnancy in humans.

Sperm isn't the same thing as HCG and false positives are very rare. Sounds like you're pregnant!

SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 5:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sperm can't affect it at all. Congrats. You are expectingl
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009