I was at the zoo yesterday and saw a mentally disabled woman

who was nine months pregnant.

I have to ask, how the hell did this happen?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ok, then I can see how you might have thought something like that, it's not the norm to see a person like that in a relationship having children and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Depends on how disabled she is, maybe she functions pretty highly and has a boyfriend.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Miracles happen to those who deserve it. Why is it any of your concern? You should just be happy for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• you're right, there must be circumstances i don't know about. i automatically assumed it was rape.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I guess you have never seen the movie "The Other Sister". I have witnessed quite a few moms who have a mental disability be better moms than some of the so called "normal" moms.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "you're right, there must be circumstances i don't know about. i automatically assumed it was rape. "

Why? Because she was disabled mentally you think no one could love her? Your heartless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• nope never seen that movie, and nope the thought of this situation has NEVER crossed my mind. i'm not heartless, i just didn't know this happened.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• What do you mean by disabled? I'm curious because it seems strange that your first thought would be that she was raped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i didn't want to say retarded, so i said mentally disabled. spastic walking, drooling, that stuff.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• What do you mean ":You didn't know how this happened?" The same way you or anyone else would get pregnant.

1, are you positive she was pregnant? I have seen my share of women who looked pretty pregnant, only to find out they were not. If you are sure, how do you know? Did you ask someone she was with?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2009