WWYD if your teenager called you the 'C' word

and I don't mean "charming'. I need ideas of what to do with my 17 y/o who thinks the world owes him, who is never content with what you can give him and knows just far to go to break your heart.

Today my son called me an F'ing B and that all time favorite C word. Right now he is outside while I figure out what to do. My first gut reaction is to send him away. I'm tired of believe that he just testing me to see how far he can push...I have limits and I'm heartbroken to think I've reached it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Take away all privalegdes and ground him. No TV, no car, no friends no games for a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Send him away and NOT to the most pleasant place you can think of either. He needs to see how good he has it at home with you and if that won't change his attitude I don't know what will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• WoW, making his life hell would be my first suggestion, but itll also make it harder on you, becuase im sure he'll act out worse. I dont know where you could send him, but i would want to send him too. No where his life would be easy thats for sure. He def. needs an attitude adjustment. GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sorry for the grammatical nightmare that is my post. I should have read it over before hitting the submit button.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If he isn't content with what you can give, then give him nothing. He gets ham sandwiches for dinner while everyone else gets real food. No TV, phone, cell phone, car, video games. Take away all but 3 sets of clothes. Clear his room out, put everything in storage. Leave him a bed. and 4 walls to stare at.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If I were in your situation I would make his life a living hell. I would look at it like if he can dish it out then he can take it as well. I would take all privelages away from him and allow him to do nothing but go to school.But that is JMO
    mamasangels2009

Answer by mamasangels2009 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would put soap in his mouth (though I would not do this with a younger child).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I say take everything away and make him see how good he really has it.I am so sorry hun it sucks i have a 15 yr old girl and im so scared to go through that .. i pray to god. but u never know .. hope you have the strength to do wat u feel is best for your family.. but yes make him miss wat he has. Silent treatment would prolly be good to until he apologizes.
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• He doesn't live with me, but lives with my exhusband in another state. Our summer visit is just about up...I'm of the mindset to change his flight and send him home tomorrow. It won't teach him a darn thing but it may give me just a bit of peace.

I would send him to my mother's if that wouldn't essentially be a reward. As for taking things awy it's already done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Go ahead and send him home.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009