Single mothers going through child custody.... very young children...How is it working?

I am going through child custody. my son is 17 months old. I've enver lived with the father. he has tried commiting suicide in front of the child and several other bystanders when the child was 6 months old. He believes its okay for our son to be with him the WHOLE summer and then come back to me and then go to him for 6 wks in the winter also....at such a young age i don't find this reasonable... I am just wondering if anyone can clue me in on their personal situation so I know what to kind of expect when we go to court.

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• We've had my stepkids on standard Texas visitation (long summers, weeklongs for spring and winter, etc) since the youngest was 4 months old.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would make sure that the courts know about his suicidal tendencies.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 5:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2009