what is a good printer photo/paper

we are looking to buy a new printer hopefully at a low cost but wanted opinions on a good one that will print out our paperwork and provide high quality photos...the one we have now is a nightmare...thanks in advance

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 4:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I love my HP. Had one then bought a Canon all in one and Lexmark on sale. The Lexmark was grainy and the Canon's colors were distorted. I upgraded to another HP. I love it! My photos look like professional prints. The paper is a bit more expensive yet worth it. Mine has individual ink cartridges. So you only change the color that is out. Comes with decent software. You don't have to have it hooked up to a computer to make basic edits. ( red eye, crop, etc. )Let me know if you want my model number.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have a Canon Pixima...Consumer Reports rates it really high in terms of quality, speed and toner usage. I LOVE It...it prints really fast, very high quality photographs. Plus, the ink cartridges are sold separately (each color has its own cartridge) so if you run out of blue (maybe you printed invitations with a blue background and used up all your blue), the whole cartridge isn't toast...just the blue cartridge. It is MUCH more economical this way. I use Glossy Kirkland (Costco's generic) brand photo paper and it works really well.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009