desperate!

i have been suffering from raised, itchy patches on my forehead, chin, nose and a few on my cheeks for 4days now.they look red (hive like), slightly flaky, very itchy and it stings sometimes. can anyone help me what to do with it?ive tried searching the net and the results are: contact dermatitis. perioral dermatitis...i don't know what to do anymore.they all suggested not to put anything on my face not even moisturizer and just wash my face with water..never had this before and its really bothering me a lot!i already set an appointment with a dermatologist and the soonest date that i can get in is on the 25th! i cant wait that long.. :-(

Purplepeonies

Asked by Purplepeonies at 4:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• I have to disagree with the eczema diagnoses. Eczema does not commonly appear on the face in adults who do not have a history of eczema. For it to show up as quickly and extreme as it has, I would lean more towards an allergic reaction to something. And with the severity of the outbreak DO NOT put the aforementioned oil on your face without your doctor's OK first.

Hydrocortisone would be a much safer choice. As a member of the cortisone family of steroid hormones it is available over the counter at drugstores. A a nonirritating emollient of 0.05 percent hydrocortisone cream won't hurt you and should provide some relief. Anything stronger can have serious side effects and should not be used without a doctor's supervision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It sounds like it might be excema. Try eliminating dairy, drinking a lot of water and putting coconut oil on the areas

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree, it sounds like excema.

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My daughter had that when she had a reaction to some meds she was on. Do you have it often or is this the first time?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i also agree with excema. try vit e oil. also sometimes (not always) uv light helps. try sitting in sun and getting the direct light on it.
    GTMOM41

Answer by GTMOM41 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Could be exzema --but it probably wouldn't just show up like that. You could be having an allergic reaction to something. Have you eaten anything different? Used different soap or shampoo, or laundry detergent??
    Could also be hives or shingles -- caused from stress and possible unknown allergens.
    Shingles can also occur on anyone who has ever had chicken pox. They are itchy and very painful. I think you should see if you can see your regular doctor before your dermatologist appointment.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009