I am overdue and last night thought i was going into labor. Every 15 minutes i would get sharp pains for a few minutes for 7 hours, then it just stopped. what was that all about?

today i am extremely sore and the baby movement is very little. i thought last night would be it. whats is going on with my body?

reggiboo

Asked by reggiboo at 4:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happend to me a few days ago- I had ALL the labor signs and contractions 7 mins apart- I was waiting to go to L&D until 4 mins apart- than out of nowhere it stopped!
    He hasnt moved much in 4 days, but I went in for the wellbeing test, and the doctor says he is a healthy happy little man!
    She also told me its not uncommen for labor to start, than just STOP out of nowhere- usually its not true labor, but "practice" labor-
    Anyway- I'm still waiting- and I am SOO done.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Did you eat some food...NOT a good idea when you are starting to go into labor. This stopped my contractions right away when I was starting to go into labor...it sucked!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• if you are overdue it'd be a great idea to go to the doctors immediately to make sure baby is doing good
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 5:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Sounds like baby may have been moving around. Fetal movement can trigger contractions.
    Or it was a warm-up session, that happens, too.
    Is this your first baby?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009