If your friend's son is ugly would you tell her a lie and say her kid is very cute?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• of course. These are one of those few cases in life where is it ok to lie.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• sure, deep down she knows
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would say something that is cute about him and play that up... Like he is so funny or he has a cute smile ect!!!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 4:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Lol, call me evil, but I am the FIRST to admit my child isn't the most pleasing thing to look at- But I love him, and I find him cute (for the most part) and that's all that matters- We all know not ALL children are cute, for those of us that say "that's untrue" chances are there child isn't the best looking baby either. But hey-you may find your child down right adorable, and I might find him ugly as sin- its all in the eyes of the beholder!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would comment more on his cute actions. Find cute features and such. Never tell a mother their child is ugly!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Of course. After all, cute means huggable, and of course all babies are huggable. Or say he is such a doll. Or such a blessing. She probably thinks that her baby is the most beautiful baby in the world. And who's to say she isn't exactly right.

Answer by Bmat at 4:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• you dont have to lie,i actually think all babies have some thing about them thats cute,so lets say i think someones baby is not super super cute,all ill say is "i love little babies your so lucky,i love their little soft skin the way they smell, look at his cute tiny nose and lips" how can you lie,its not bad because your complamenting on something you love about their little one.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• when my first was born, my son- my most favorite beloved aunt in my world told me after she saw him through the nursery window that boy was she ever glad that he didn't have dr. spock ears!!!!

wtf? so what if he did. can a newborn have dr spock stick out ears? if he did would she not want to be around him? he ears were flat and delicate and have grown very very handsomely with the rest of him.

i tell every new mother I've met that their baby is gorgeous!!!! and as a gift of life every baby is.

but then again i do laugh when I see reruns and shudder too of seinfeld and the ugly baby episode when they're all on vacation. that is just funny.

i'd never ever comment behind a mom's back or to her about baby's looks. i just love babies to much. lucky me i was strong enough to get my tubes tied after me and hubby had three.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would lie, sometimes in cases like that its ok to lie.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 4:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think this is one of those times that a lie is ok. I usually dont say cute if the little guy isnt, I will say "oh he is so sweet!" Usually when babies get older they cuten up. Would you want to be told if your baby was ugly? At the time my son was the cutest thing ever born, now looking back at his pictures, the poor little thing looked like an alien.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2009