Am I being unfair or do I have a point?

Today was my stepfathers bday party, he just turned 50 this week. We were going to go but unfortunately I came down with a stomach bug and my fiance had to go on an overnight trip for work so I decided to stay home. My mom texted me asking if I wanted to just send my 2 older boys who are 4 and 5 and then she would have my sisters friend bring them back tonight. I said no because I know that people will be drinking there and for some reason every time my kids are around my family while theres alchohol involved and I'm not there something bad happens(at one party we had at bear mountain my sister wasn't paying attention and one of my sons who was 3 at the time wandered away and got lost, thank God for park rangers)
Well anyways, so my mom is mad at me now and wont talk to me. You would think she would understand being that theyr all going to be drinking and having fun (not wanting to pay attention to little ones) and for..cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• another thing, I dont even know the girl she was going to send to pick up and drop off my boys, im sorry but there is no way im going to send my kids in a car with someone i dont know especially if she is going to be drinking at the party as well- what do you think? Am I being unfair to my mom or do I have a point?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Your first priority is your children; you were absolutely correct.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Let me tell you, you are 100% correct. If there is drinking involved, you nor daddy being there iz out of the question.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Congrats on being a darn good mother! If there were more mothers out there that made similar fantastic decisions there'd be a lot less problems in the world. Keep it up!!!
    Carr600

Answer by Carr600 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with above noters. I am actually surprised your mom would be mad. Oh well. Too bad, so sad, cry me a river. Your kids, your decision. And you made the right one.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2009