Birth naturally?

Hey i was just wobdering is any of ya'll have given birth to multiple naturally?

TeenMommy440

Asked by TeenMommy440 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't done it personally, but I know it is possible and can be done safely... Get a midwife and don't let any OB manipulate you in to an unncessary c-section.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• people have been having multiples for thousands of years without C-sections--unless you have complications, it should be just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• This is my dilemma too. I am having twins and want to have a natural waterbirth. If I cant find that I would like a hospital birth that allows me to do it natural and standing or squatting. I just know that since its twins most all docs will push for me to lay down or do a C-Section. That bothers me and freaks me out.
    Jamaica_Gyal

Answer by Jamaica_Gyal at 5:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yes my doctor has been trying to convice me that the best route would be a c-setion even though everything so far has been great Both girls look good and are healthy a bit under weight but everything elese is great and by the way Congrats on your twins :)
    TeenMommy440

Answer by TeenMommy440 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My mother had me and my twin sister naturally 32 years ago! It is possible.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 6:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Not me, I've only had singles.
    But my friends who are midwives attend all-natural twin births, definitely! :-)

If mom & babies are fine and healthy then why consent to increasing unnecessary risks? Doctors that say it's "better" might be referring to "better for their datebook." Be sure to really get the facts. If you're okay then remember that natural birth is better for all three of you! :-)

Also, you might consider having a birth doula to help, too. She can help you to stay strong & happy through it all!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• dr's push c-section i think rather for their convience. don't let them if you don't want i would always leave that as a last resort.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Yeah im hoping to have the m naturally i am 2.5 centimeters s its almost time to get going :)
    TeenMommy440

Answer by TeenMommy440 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2009