does all the house work ever depress u or really honestly piss u off?

i hate to say it .. but im feeling very negative today. well actually been negative all week really.. there is a high chair full of penut butter and jelly sandwhich and ban sitting behind me.. and after picking up the bagel crumbs from this morning and the cheerios from snack time.. im just irrattated.. i keep telling myself tht its no big deal... but im type of person who doesnt even like the feeling of sweat on my body when i work out.. thats why i swim..anywy this is alot of work.., for the next couple of years im sticking to one child.. bc the messes right nw are getting to me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah mom=slave
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• You are not alone! We all feel this way sometimes and it does get hard. But on the plus side my 5 year old is a awesome help to me. She picks up toys, dirty clothing, puts stuff away and LOVES to clean anything that wont move. So just hold on! It gets easier when they can help clean up the messes too!!! I hope you start feeling more positive soon!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I use to hate having people hlep me clean the house. & pretty much i still won't clean if other people are sittin aaround. either everyon ehas to be cleaning or no one can be home for me to clean. i dotn want any criticism or any remarks about my job....my new boyfriend though is great & every 3 days we clean the house together when i visit for long periods of time. && with him i have no problem cleaning with.
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 5:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I know what you mean. I have 3 and it seems by the time I get one thing cleaned they have something else messed up. You would think at 5,4 and 2 I could get some help with less mess but nooooo not My children. I love them to death but I'm so glad the oldest two are. Starting school in a week(alittle teary eyed but glad!)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I feel your pain! Even when I get to sleep in, my SO never ever cleans up my son's mess when he eats! So I wake up and have to clean the high chair off, or vacuum the crumbs he trailed about the apartment. It is never-ending, I swear. Bottles, sippy cups, crumbs, high chair, bathtub.... and so on. That is excluding the laundry of the endless clothes he goes through, and sheets he pees through. AHHH!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I know I'm getting sick of it. In my old age where I have three children ages 20, 18, and 15 living at home, there is no reason why I should be doing all the housework myself. My 20 year old refuses to do any housework at all because her attitude is that she works 30 hours a week so she shouldn't be accountable for cleaning a house that she is barely using. My 18 year old does help out with whatever we ask her, but we have to be careful not to ask her to do too much because it isn't fair that she gets stuck with it all. My 15 year old will act as if she is doing a chore, but it either does not get done correctly or done at all. Her dishwashing skills are sickening - I make her rewash all her dirty dishes over again and its a big fight.
    So here I am raising my granddaughter and am a college student cleaning up lazy adult's messes. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2009